We’re a behavior change lab. We work around the world using design thinking, creative problem solving, and human-centred design to help bring creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Marketing for good causes is what we do. That’s right, 100% good causes. Whether it’s triggering Cambodian farmers to triple their crop yields, Zambian children to finish school or rural Haitians to buy solar lights and cookstoves, we believe that creative ideas can help make the world a better place. We’ve worked on projects related to health, sanitation, water, education, agriculture/food security, financial inclusion and digital financial services, climate change, family planning, safe migration, child marriage and more.
JOB AT A GLANCE
We are looking for a full-time Office Manager to be based at our head office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. This position is for a Cambodian national.We are on the search for a delightful, motivated Office Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of our office and support key internal functions of our organization — Human Resources, Finance, Operations and IT. This is the first time we are hiring an Office Manager, and our vision is for this person to take the lead to ensure that we have a work environment that helps us all work well together and delivery excellent work. The Office Manager is no push over. If staff are not locking up the office correctly in the evening, he/she will follow up and make sure that does not happen again. If our internet is slower than usual, he/she will call the ISP provider and recommend better options. If staff have trouble filing a health insurance claim, he/she will patiently work with staff to teach them how the process works.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Office administration and facilities management
- Supervise the Office Fixer, Cleaner and IT Coordinator
- Ensure the office is clean, well-maintained, well-stocked and functioning smoothly
- Manage the schedule of the office meeting rooms
- Prepare the office for client meetings and make sure our guests are graciously welcomed and comfortable
- Bring staff together by planning and organizing team meetings, gatherings and events
- Oversee any office renovations or maintenance projects
- Help plan and make staff travel logistics
- Keep staff CVs up-to-date and correctly formatted
- Plan and organize off-site meetings and events that are not specific to projects, e.g. staff retreats
- Be the point of contact for administrative issues around staff, such as work visas
- Support recruitment efforts by posting advertisements, managing applications and scheduling interviews
- Finalize employment and consulting contracts
- Keep HR records up-to-date and ensure their accuracy
- Make sure insurance claims are correctly submitted and paid
- Help onboard new employees and consultants
- Ensure a full exit process is completed when employees/consultants leave the organization
- Update and distribute the monthly timesheet template
- Monitor timesheet submission on a weekly basis to ensure timesheets are completed correctly and on time
- Prepare the monthly labour utilization report
Under the supervision of the IT Coordinator:
- Ensure registration, licenses and subscriptions of all software, website services and user accounts are up-to-date
- Provide access to online documents and resources for new staff
- Organize IT equipment necessary for staff and consultants to do their job, e.g. work computer
- Train new staff and consultants on how to use essential technology platforms
- Manage the digital security of 17 Triggers computers, network, archives and servers
- You have at least 7 years of relevant experience including supervising direct reports
- You are fluent in English and Khmer (verbal and written)
- You are well-organized and have a strong eye for detail
- You are able to get work done efficiently
- You have strong communication skills
- You have good computer skills – Microsoft Office, Gmail, Google docs, Dropbox, etc.
- You are a friendly, self-starter who brings delight to the workplace with your positive attitude
- You are a team player who contributes and supports the team and work environment
Salary & Benefits
SALARY & BENEFITS
You will be part of an enthusiastic team of people from all over the world. Besides the chance to contribute towards strengthening the impact of good causes, we offer some practical benefits as well. Our offer starts with:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Most Cambodian national holidays
- Annual leave of up to 18 days
- Health and accident insurance
- Phone allowance
- Khmer New Year bonus
WANT TO APPLY?
- Write “I am your new Office Manager” in the subject line
- English cover letter
- Your CV/Resume in PDF form
- Don’t tell us your age
Start Date: June 2017. This said, we are open to negotiation for the right candidate.
Note: As much as we’d like to, we cannot respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
© 2017, The Cambodia Daily. All rights reserved No part of this article may be reproduced in print, electronically, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written permission.