Cambodia sees decline in landmine/UXO casualties in 1st half of 2018

The Cambodian Mine Action Authority (CMAA) reported Wednesday that the number of casualties from landmines and unexploded ordnances (UXOs) decreased 3 percent in the first six months of 2018.

The report said during the January-June period this year, there were 31 landmine and UXO casualties, down 3 percent compared with 32 casualties over the same period last year.

“Seven people were killed, 17 injured and 7 others had their limbs amputated,” the report said, adding that 64 percent of the victims were men, 19 percent were boys, 10 percent were woman, and 7 percent were girls.

Read the full story: http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-08/22/c_137410455.htm

© 2018, The Cambodia Daily. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced in print, electronically, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written permission.