The Cambodia Daily is an independent English-language newspaper published six days a week in Phnom Penh. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Description: Successful candidate will be comfortable reporting news and feature stories on a daily basis. Cambodian reporters work with foreign associate editors to cover issues of national and international significance in a dynamic news environment.
Experience & Skills:
– Proficient in English and Khmer, reading and writing
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in journalism or a related field
– Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
– Works well with others, is proactive and responds well to constructive criticism
– A strong interest in Cambodia and related current events
– Photography and multimedia skills a plus
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Find daily news stories and report them thoroughly and accurately
– Work together with associate editors to shape stories
Apply: If interested, email a CV, cover letter and work samples to email@example.com.
– The intern will work with the web editor to develop new online initiatives, including dissemination and design; creating layout for in-depth web features; optimizing social media engagement; coding mobile applications; producing online videos and photo slideshows; and updating the website.
– The intern will also have the opportunity to pitch and report on a variety of local news and feature stories.
– Qualifications include a minimum of one year of coursework. Experience in designing and programming websites and/or mobile applications is a plus, interest in journalism a must.
– The internship is unpaid and will last three to six months.
– We will work with your university if the university offers credit for your internship.
Apply: If interested, email a CV, resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.